Fridays are awesome! Just plain fantastic. I'm still gonna stay here and get a little more prep done for Monday....but to be done a full 3 hours or more before the normal school day is PRICELESS!
I can definitely tell that the whole "honeymoon effect" of being the new teacher in this class is beginning to wear off. Several students are pushing much harder or simply rolling their eyes when I ask them to do things they don't want to do. Were I to be here much longer, I'd have to nip that issue in the bud! I've taken several students aside for little talks this week, and that always helps, but the situation would get more difficult before it resolved. I've seen this happen before, so its not exactly new, but it is always an issue that has to be dealt with, and is rarely ever particularly easy. But hey, thats ok! Its still Friday!
The day went mostly well today. I found out 3 minutes before class started that the music teacher was not coming today. Now that is not exactly a earth shattering problem, but it still gave me 30 minutes of time I had to scramble to fill. But I found a video and website and we discussed and then wrote about what we saw. Turned out to be a great segment of the day!
Having technology in the classroom is Awesome!! It is SOOOOO simple to find a video or pictures etc. and to then throw them up on the screen for the entire class. I LOVE IT!
Well, I'm gonna finish up and take off. One more day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment