Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Day three.

This is an interesting day. Things started off going very well again. I have everything lined up, planning wise, and we are right on task. I think we've been able to get a lot done, and the students seemed to really learn a lot during Bible and Math classes. They stayed on task and pretty much finished what they needed to. One student even wanted more work, so I gave him some extra problems, which were fairly difficult, but that he was able to work through very well. (This was an unexpected surprise!)

The second part of the morning is a bit more difficult right now tho. They seem to be a bit irritated and are having a bit more trouble staying on task. I think that a large part of the present difficulty is that they recently got back from recess and are having a harder time adjusting to Reading and English classes. They have gone directly from high activity to more "bookish" work and I think that the change is difficult. I think I'd rather have a more "involved" type of class immediately after recess in order to give the students a chance to "warm down" to a more sedate activity.

30 min later.....

They are getting better as time goes on! This really proves my theory. After they have had time to settle down after recess, they are more and more able to concentrate on reading.

Lunch time

So I made this phenomenal tofu curry last night to go along with brown rice. I specifically made it so I could bring it for lunch today. Of course though, since I went out of my way to cook food for lunch the night before, I promptly forgot to bring it to school this morning!! My beautiful lunch is still sitting peacefully in the refrigerator!!! argh!

No comments:

Post a Comment